Monday, August 24, 2015

All 31 RPG a Day questions rapid fire style.

I'm back to running a game and the kids are taking long enough naps for me to carve out extra time to write in this neglected trash heap.  hopefully more to come.

RPG-a-day thing. 

1. Forthcoming game you're most looking forward to:

the Dracula Dossier, because almost everything I have from Ken Hite has been awesome.

2. Kickstarter game you're most pleased you backed:

I've stopped backing Kickstarting games, okay I did back the Aihrde setting from the Trolls, but no games.

 3. Favorite new game of the last 12 months:

I'd like to say D&D 5 but I'm not digging it.  I did buy Fantastic Heroes & Witchery recently which I'm digging!

4. Most surprising game:

Ever, I think The Dresden Files, fate blew me away, I love it.

5. Most recent RPG purchase:

Pathfinder Face cards, I love showing players what GMC's look like, and I was tired of printing photo's ripped of the net.

6. Most recent RPG played:

Castles and Crusades, I still love that game but I'm looking at Fantastic Heroes & Witchery.

7.  Favorite free RPG:

CJ Carella's Witchcraft, what an evocative setting, it's just great.

8. Favorite appearance of RPGs in the media:

Chevy Chase winning Dungeons & Dragons.

9. Favorite media you wish was an RPG:

The Expanse  by James S.A. Corey, I love me some semi-hard syfy.

10. Favorite RPG publisher:

I'm sticking with the trolls for now.

11. Favorite RPG writer:

See number one above.

12. Favorite RPG illustration:

I love the illustrations Angus McBride did for MERP.


13. Favorite RPG Podcast:

I've been a big Ken and robin talk about stuff fan, but have been in such of a few more good ones.

14. Favorite RPG accessory:

Dice.

15. Longest campaign played:

I've played in a AD&D2e game for the last five years.  It started out twice a month for two plus years, but it's now an annual drunken pilgrimage since the DM moved.

16. Longest game session played:

I can't remember, we did weekend long games in high school.

17. Favorite fantasy RPG:

Castles and Crusades.

18. Favorite SF RPG:

Cyberpunk, specifically the death valley free prison campaign.

19. Favorite supers RPG:

Heroes Unlimited, or if you count Palladium's TMNT than defiantly TMNT after the bomb.

20. Favorite horror RPG:

CJ Carella's Witchcraft.

21. Favorite RPG setting:

It has to be that first grey Forgotten Realms box, if only because of it's impact on my gaming.

22. Perfect gaming environment:

A home, no game stores please I play enough 40k in those stinky places.

23. Perfect game for me:

A fast paced evocative game with good friends and good beer.

24. Favorite house rule:

Shields may be splintered.

25. Favorite revolutionary game mechanic:

Dying during character creation ... no really that's awesome.

26. Favorite inspiration for your game:

everything's free game.

27. Favorite idea for merging two games into one:

I want some ninja turtles in my fantasy RPG's.

28. Favorite game you no longer play:

Twilight 2000

29. Favorite RPG website/blog:

There are to many good ones to pick one, and so many bad ones sometimes it's hard to find the good ones.

30. Favorite RPG playing celebrity:

I don't care enough about celebrities to even notice who might be pimping their geek red this week.

31. Favorite non-RPG thing to come out of RPGing:

If I hadn't found D&D way back when I don't know if I would have actually ever read anything, so my love of books and their ability to transfer me to the authors world.



No comments:

Post a Comment