Saturday, April 16, 2011

AD&D replaced by Star Wars RPG

A month ago our 2e AD&D DM had to call it quits (family issues), which was a horrible loss.  We'd been playing his campaign for a little over a year, the longest single game I've ever played in.  At the end my dwarven cleric fighter Bob went from level 2/2 to 6/7 before he met his match in the second to last session we ran.  It was sad to see him go, but in truth he had become a bit to powerful so I actually lobbied the DM to put him down.  For the last game I made a gnome illusionist who I'd been building in my mind for a while.  I had great things in mind, but was thwarted our last game, where in the only encounter we had was against undead.  I had no idea what to do ... and forgot about the protection spell I'd cast on myself which almost cost Larry his new little life.  Oh well.

The group rallied and one player offered to run Star Wars (WotC), which we had run a one shot of this summer.  After several failed starts we got going last night.  I'm playing a skinny scoundrel Alex Dijon with a 6 strength.  It's kind of cool, but we played only a short session due to failed endurance checks.  While I'm not a big d20 fan the game master runs a tight game, which based on last night should be filled with intrigue, subplots and lost of adventure.  Count me in for fun.

Still reading Witchcraft, and scored an eBay auction with a couple of supplement books.

No comments:

Post a Comment